Re: [tlug] Disabling Removable Media

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:58:36 +0900
Jason Hall <jasonh@example.com> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to disable use of floppy and USB media on a CentOS
> workstation and haven't found a nice solution yet.
>
> Any ideas?

1. Make it impossible to load the relevant modules (floppy, usb-storage)
   * Remove them (this will break on a kernel upgrade).
   * Blacklist them.
   With this solution root won't be able to use these devices.
2. With proper permissions on the device files, normal users shouldn't
   have access to them. Usually owners are root.floppy and root.disk.
   Make sure no users are in these groups, and only root will have access
   to them.