Re: [tlug] VMWare/Virtualserver free

Alain Hoang wrote:
Gerald Naughton wrote:
Hi
Microsoft announced that Virtual server is free and
VMWare seems to be free as well

I had a try with VMWare server last week on a Ubuntu Dapper machine and managed to screw up my machine enough that I required a reboot (most likely my fault since I was getting impatient with VMware server hanging). That's not to say VMware server doesn't work. But from my personal experience of trying to get it working with Ubuntu Dapper seemed to require a little bit more finagling. I'm not sure if the problem was:

I installed VMWare server (free) on one PC, and it cause it to hang really badly, and I was not even using the virtual machine at the time. However, this was not a dual-core Intel machine, and I did not take the time to really learn VMWare. I plan to try it again when there is time, but maybe the processor has something to do with it.

Micheal

begin:vcard
fn:Cooper Micheal
n:Cooper;Micheal