Re: [tlug] Hi from new server and a couple of questions

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 09:49 +0000, scott wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 08:08 +0900, Josh Glover wrote:

> I don't really want to disable selinux however, especially after having
> my previous server cracked and used as a spam zombie :-(

Sorry about your past server, live and learn. But SELINUX will not do
anything for you if you are using a version of sendmail that is know to
be easily hacked. Security by no means a one step process. But it is
best to start with the basics like latest most secure versions of your
mta of choice.

Check your version of sendmail. That is probably how they got you the
last time and how they will get you again if you are not paying
attention.

Regards,

E./