Re: [tlug] Hi from new server and a couple of questions

> The only reason I was thinking the freeze was caused by selinux was
> because on reboot after each freeze, fsck tags the /tmp filesystem as
> dirty and asks for root password to perform maintenance. Also there are
> previous bug reports about how some programs crash because /tmp cannot be
> mounted 'noexec' with selinux enforcing. The logs don't contain any clues
> because the system freezes before anything can be written.
I would definitely try disable SELINUX after the next reboot. Give that a try.
I do not run SELINUX cause it ussually causes more problems than it
resolves. If anyone has had great experiances and results with it I
would love to hear about them.

> Botond mentioned using strace as a way to troubleshoot this- I've never
> used strace before- would I initiate an strace on the PID for example of
> xmms before it crashes? I've read the fine manual for strace but I need to
> do a lot more studying before I can grep this command.
For strace I usually use  #strace -fp "PID" -o /path/to/output/file