Re: [tlug] compilation warnings for unsigned char

    Jim> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote;

    >>> It ought to be possible to just turn those warnings off; maybe
    >>> you should ask on the gcc list (or it might even be a FAQ).

    Jim> Maybe. I'd rather get warnings when rules are being
    Jim> infringed, but be able to add rules of my own, e.g. with
    Jim> -funsigned-char.

The problem with GCC setting that as policy is that you're actually
lying to the compiler when you do that (AFAIK) because the functions
that you're calling don't use unsigned chars.

It would be nice if users could annotate the grammar to not bitch in
those places, but that would be nontrivial to implement.