Re: [tlug] Japanese input on Centos

You people provided so much information about adding Japanese input
support. It's taken me awhile to go through it all.

Everything seems to work well now. Apparently Japanese was not included
in the original installation, but adding the necessary bits was not
difficult given the lists that were provided.

I stayed with the default canna/kinput2 option because...
- The user only requires basic input capabilities for some occasional
translating in OpenOffice.
- It's a CentOS box and scim-anthy are not in the standard yum
repositories.
- I wanted this to be simple since I only have remote access to the box.

The original problem was that I was missing some things from the
original installation. Then it was a matter of seeing how to use the
associated variables either in the environment or right on the command
line. The command line option is actually pretty neat. The application
could be run in Japanese (menus etc):
	LANG=ja_JP.eucJP XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" <application>

Or, run in English (default) and still have access to the IME
	LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.utf8 XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2" <application>

For my own computer, I left the necessary lines in my environment to
give me the IME when I want it. For the final target computer, I
actually haven't heard back about the info I need from them on
proceeding or not.

Thanks for all the information.

- Jason