Re: [tlug] Something is eating my disk space

Dave M G wrote:

> Are there some commands I could run at the prompt that could help me
> locate files or directories that are over a certain size?

I am somewhat afraid to post, because I don't adequately know the posting
rules (I have tried to keep track, but forgive me). It is quite common for
inode utilization and actual size  to be different. Typically I will use awk
to add the files sizes together from find
For example
find . -type f -ls | awk ' { s += $7 }; END {print "Total size is ", s}'
I will compare this with the output of du
If there is a great inconsistency, I would suspect that you have run away
process occupying inode space you can use lsof to determine this.

I know this seems like a bit of  an overkill, but since said it is uncommon
for you to use this much disk space. So I thought I would throw this out
there.