Re: [tlug] See why you should not use M$ products!

Whow. That was kind of funny, in a sad way- however they don't mention whether the laptop was running any M$ product...

Not to disrespect any Dell users or or fans out there but as it turns out I procure all the hardware for our company in APAC region, and initially we had purchased only dell laptops and servers. However a couple of our Dell servers had nothing but problems since we got them- onboard raid controller failure, 3 scci discs going down simultaneously on one machine (incredible!), and top that off with the fact that a significant portion of the laptops we purchased had either onboard power failure, fan failure, or disc failure within first 6 months of operation. The support from Dell was excellent, but because of the seemingly low quality hardware they initially provided us with, as well as the low opinion of the Dell laptops from users here, lead our office to switch manufacturers completely. As of a couple years ago we switched to Toshiba for laptops, and the users here seem to like those a lot more. As for servers, I've been building them myself.

Again, no offense meant for Dell... or M$ for that matter. Don't get me started on Sony products though ;-)

Cheers,

Scott VanDusen