[tlug] NFS mounted directories deny some files to root

Can anyone advise for the following problem?

I back up file data to a separate server using rsync.  This directory
is exported (ro) by nfs and mounted by a server that has a dat72
drive.  When I write to tape with afio I get permission denied on some
files even though the mount and the afio is launched as root.

/etc/export:

# Monthly Backup
/srv/backup uljptyo0004(ro,sync)

permissions on file:

uljptyo0006:~ # ls -l /mnt/backup/Friday/uljptyo0007/config/etc/shadow.YaST2save
-rw-r-----  5 root root 557 Jan 27  2005
/mnt/backup/Friday/uljptyo0007/config/etc/shadow.YaST2save

error message:
uljptyo0006:~ # cat /mnt/backup/Friday/uljptyo0007/config/etc/shadow.YaST2save
cat: /mnt/backup/Friday/uljptyo0007/config/etc/shadow.YaST2save:
Permission denied

Any ideas?

--
Patrick Niessen