Re: [tlug] TLUG Technical Meeting 2006-03-18 audio/video

On Mar 15, 2006, at 10:56, Zev Blut wrote:

   Topics: F/OSS Licensing and distributing
           by Stephen J.Turnbull and Zev Blut

March's meeting is a discussion on Free and Open Source software
licenses.  After a short introduction to the application of
intellectual property to software, we review some of the important
dimensions of software licensing, giving as examples some of the
widely-used, well-known licenses.  Then we describe the mechanics of
complying with upstream licenses (notices in source, documentation,
and runtime banners, etc), and strategic issues that arise when
working with multiple, imperfectly compatible licenses.  Finally, we
discuss advantages and disadvantages of various licensing strategies
when choosing licenses for a new product.

At the May meeting Henri passed along a CD containing MP4 video of this presentation. I've made it and an audio-only (MP3) version available through the web site.
  <http://www.tlug.jp/meetings.php?year=2006&month=3>