Re: [tlug] buggy xterm

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:55:18 +0200
Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

> I use debian amd64 and I have a trouble with xterm (version 210-2).
Same setup here. And I'm running xserver-xorg.

> In other words, the "dead key" is not dead :)
What does `xmodmap` return?
I just tried this:
$  xmodmap -e 'keycode 109 = Multi_key'
Then the following sequnece
 <Control_R> o '
should yield 'ó'.
xterm didn't work for me either for this sequence, neither did mlterm.

 <Control_R> s s
should yield 'ß'.
This works in xterm, doesn't work in mlterm.

gnome-terminal was the only terminal that could handle these all. The
reason behind this is that gtk has it's own mapping tables for compose
sequences.

I find modifier keys easier to use, so I'm not using compose sequences.
This post was just to justify that you are not alone ;)