[tlug] Using Xen to Run Linux and Windows on a Single Box (Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop)

    http://tlug.jp/ML/0604/msg00237.html

> I'm wondering now though, if I want to do Xen some day, is it
> as simple as buying a computer whose hardware is all both
> Windows and Linux-compatible?

No.

> Is it that easy?

Absolutely not.

Almost all of my computers will run Windows and Linux,
but none of them will be able to run Windows and Linux
at the same time under Xen, because I don't have the
right CPU.

You need the right CPU to support virtualization under
Xen without having to modify the OS.

You might want to slowly reread the whole thread.

   http://tlug.jp/ML/0604/threads.html#00224

For more information on virtualization, peruse the following:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xen
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xen#Full_virtualization_with_Xen
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtualization_Technology