Re: [tlug] Need purchasing advice for a linux compatible desktop

Dave,
Much of the info that you shared is definitely helpful. Thanks!

I like the layout of English keyboards too, but some of the kana-kanji
conversion keys are lacking and I find it hard to remember where certain
frequently used Japanese symbols are, since they're not written on the
keyboard. I wonder if there is a solution out there for native English
speakers who use Japanese keyboards a lot. I asked a question about this
over a year ago at TLUG, and received some thoughtful responses which I
reflected on later, but I still have not decided which I like more, a
Japanese keyboard or an English one. When I'm typing in English the
English keyboard, and in Japanese the Japanese one. I have both, so I
tend to go back and forth a lot, but it would be nice to have the long
space bar, a small return/enter button (why are they so huge on Japanese
keyboards?!), and all the commonly used Japanese symbols on the keys,
and the unique-to-Japanese keys for conversion, etc.

Joe