Re: [tlug] At my wits end and completely desperate (wacom problem)

Josh,
... things do notlook promising with Ubuntu Dapper...
You may need to use another distro if you want Wacom stuff working right now.
Did you guys all hear a massive "thud" about ten minutes ago? That was the sound of my jaw hitting my desk.

I checked over that link to the Ubuntu/Dapper bug report that you sent, and the situation did look bleak. But one of the posters gave instructions on what he did to rectify the problem. So I duplicated what he did...

And now my Wacom works! It WORKS!! 6 months and three distributions worth of fighting... and it WORKS! Calloo Callay, Oh Frabjous Day!

I can barely contain myself.

I mean, it even works in Gimp! Pressure sensitivity, tilt control... I got it all.

I'm sorry to say that I'm no longer offering cash for assistance ;-)

I don't often use emoticons. That's how giddy with excitement I am.

Well... guys... I have to give a big hearty thank you to TLUG and all its members for hearing me rant and whine, and still pointing me in the right direction. This one was huge for me.

Of course, you may regret having been so helpful... I've got a Palm Pilot and a printer that aren't working properly...

Domo arigatou gozaimashita!

--
Dave M G