Re: [tlug] At my wits end and completely desperate (wacom problem)

    Dave> The computer trade was only mentioned half seriously,

Well, I suppose you've figured it out already, but for the benefit of
anybody else who finds himself in your situation, I'll point out that
in email that's just not going to come across as you want it to---the
rest of your post was clearly "serious", "desperate", "ready-to-blow
frustrated".

It's better to make a serious-sounding offer that's higher than you
really want to pay, and back off later, when you have the advantage of
your face-to-face communication skills.  A little awkward, but being
unable to use your tools is a lot more awkward!