Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Suse 10 overwriting configuration files...
- Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 10:39:43 +0900
- From: bruno raoult <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Suse 10 overwriting configuration files...
- User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (X11/20051201)
Hi, I got a strange behavior with my SuSE 10.0 configuration since today. What happened is that I had an issue with my Wifi connection. I decided to reconfigure my airport base station from my Mac, then to reconfigure the linux box (using YaST). This worked fine. But, since then, every time I try to restart manually the interface (for instance /etc/rc.d/network restart eth1), my wifi configuration (/etc/sysconfig/ifcfg...) is overwritten and the settings (network name, static IP, etc...) lost. Is there a way to prevent the system to change *MY* (!!) config? I think I did something wrong, since it did not happen until today... Thanks, Bruno. -- GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg) -- "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips." -- Microsoft
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Remembering the Kanji
- Next by Date: [tlug] Theo de Raadt to speak in Tokyo on Tues. May 2nd
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] bookoff mangas
- Next by thread: [tlug] Theo de Raadt to speak in Tokyo on Tues. May 2nd
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links