Re: [tlug] "Omotesando Hills"

Ian Wells wrote:

>On 15/03/06, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
>>"Ah... Ian was at
>>Omotesando Hills - he wanted to take pictures - he was prevented from
>>doing so - and then he sees that bugger Lyle took some - no doubt he
>>thought 'What the...' as visions of photos not taken danced in his
>>head."  I really didn't see any signs Ian - where were they?

>When I went in on Sunday there were several at the narrow ends on the
>balcony edges.  Dunno why they were there, but it might well have been
>to stop you stopping, because there were hordes of people there that
>day - if you went on a weekday it wouldn't surprise me to find it was
>different...

It was a weekday, and while it wasn't terribly crowded, there were a
fair number of people there - and there were generally a few standing at
the ends, but only a few, so no one was blocking the path.  That would
make sense - maybe they had a problem with too many people stopping
there for pictures, so when it's crowded they are strict about it?
Lucky I was able to get there on a weekday I suppose.

Incidentally, for anyone interested in going there, here is the site's
official website and information phone number:

http://www.omotesandohills.com/
03-3497-0310

Shops -  11:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Restaurants - 11:00 a.m. - Midnight (last orders 11:00 p.m.)
Cafes - 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. (last orders 10:00 p.m.)

And... I just found this in the brochure:
"Any commercial photography, media coverage, etc. to be performed on the
premises of Omotesando Hills requires prior authorization from the
Omotesando Hills management office."

Lyle