Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Quick ways to train Thunderbird's Spam Filter?
- Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 10:54:13 +0900
- From: Alain Hoang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] Quick ways to train Thunderbird's Spam Filter?
- User-agent: Thunderbird 1.5 (Windows/20051201)
Hello all, Does anyone know of a method (preferably a canonical one) to train Thunderbird's Spam Filter from a mailbox full of spam? I've been collecting all of the spam I get into one place for situations like these. I tried googling around for it but didn't have much success finding a definitive way. I also checked the Help menu in Thunderbird and didn't see much. I notice inside the Thunderbird Profiles there is a training.dat file but it seems to be some binary data encoded version of the training filter so I guess it's not as easy as: cat mailbox >> training.dat One way that I DID try yesterday but I'm not sure if it is working is the following: 1. Go to folder with all your spam email 2. Select all mails and mark as Junk I THINK this trained the Spam Filter but I didn't see anything in the Spam Filter log indicating this. Cheers, Alain
- Re: [tlug] Quick ways to train Thunderbird's Spam Filter?
- From: Edward Middleton
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Kterm
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Kterm
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Kterm
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Quick ways to train Thunderbird's Spam Filter?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links