Re: [tlug] international email with Gnus

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 18:37:45 +0900, Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com>
wrote:

> Is that safe? (my memory tells me no but I am not sure)

Very few MTAs (if any?) are not 8-bit-safe nowadays. I've been using 8bit
instead of QP or b64 for as long as I can remember without any problems.

Obviously, if I want to sign a message containing 8-bit data, it gets
converted into base64, but that's a limitation of PGP/MIME, not of SMTP.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Notice spotted in a field:
THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD
FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES