Re: [tlug] Runaway iiimfd

Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
>> On 20/02/06, Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> wrote:
>> > For now I have turned the daemon off as I need a browser more than an
>> > IME, but has anyone heard of this problem or able to suggest anything?
>>
>> Not a solution, just a protection, but have you considered putting a
>> tlimit statement in the iiimfd startup script?  That way it will at
>> least die without doing unpleasant things to your machine.

Ian kindly sent me the suggestion to set a (bash) ulimit -v 256000
in the /etc/init.d/iiim script.

This was succesful in killing off the daemon when it ran away (which it
did again when I used Firefox.) I guess I can do a periodical
test/restart in a cron job too.

"Hiroshi Miura" <miura@example.com> wrote:

>> I'm member of IIIMF project and I can ask this case in develop ML.

If you could, that would be good.

>> It seems good idea to post this issue to BTS on Fedora or IIIMF.

Yes. I have reported it (now) on the Fedora BTS.

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554