Re: [tlug] Japanese dictionaries

On 15/02/06, David Stibbe <dstibbe@example.com> wrote:

> This could be me of course, but the free (as in beer) jim breem
> dictionary files can be used from your hard-disk also (the edict
> dictionary and such). Or am I mistaken ?

Indeed, Jim Breen's free-as-in-speech[1] [2] dictionaries can be used
from your hard-drive, using fancy search tools such as grep, or GUI
masterpieces such as B0tond Botyanszki's Gjiten[3].

Note that both Jim and B0ti are TLUGgers! :)

-Josh

[1] http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/wwwjdicinf.html#copyr_tag
[2] http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/groups/edrdg/licence.html
[3] http://gjiten.sourceforge.net/