Re: [tlug] KRecord (Mono?)

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 13:07:07 +0900 Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:

> I made a recording with KRecord ... Line In jack on my sound card.
> ... only the left channel is recording.
> I've been poking about in the settings, but
> haven't be able to figure out where I've gone wrong.  If anyone has
> any tips or advice on how to get both channels working with KRecord
> (or recommendations for something better to use),they would be greatly
> appreciated.

There are several possibilities.

1. You have a crummy line-in jack or a crummy plug

      Play around with mixer to route line-in to the speakers
      at good volume. Plug a stereo source that has very different
      stuff on left and right channels into your line in jack.
      You should be able to hear different stuff on both speakers.
      Don't try recording stereo until you can pass analog
      stereo from line-in to your stereo speakers (or headphone
      jack or line-out).

2. As other have mentioned, Audacity is a wonderful program
   for recording and editting audio.