Re: [tlug] Docbook XML for documenting database tables

On 21/01/06, Botond Botyanszki <tlug@example.com> wrote:

> Depends how much sql is there in the docs and how scattered.
> If sql is within a simple codelisting (if I recall correctly) tag, then
> it's easier to include a file containing the create statements. From the
> include file it would be real simple to extract the sql without using
> complex xslt.
> It all depends on how shiny Josh wants it.

Right now, I am doing the SQL generation with XML::LibXML, a DOM
parser for Perl. Works like a charm!

But the main reason I went that route is to learn X::LX, which I have
not used before (I usually go for XML::Simple, but I needed something
beefier for this project). XSLT is The Right Way to do things, and my
XML should make this pretty easy.

-Josh