[tlug] Skype performance

Hi All

I just used Skype this morning on a different machine and operating system
than I have been using.  It seemed to give much more drop-out than before.

The laptop I had been using it on was XP with a 2.0 Ghz AMD processor
which fell off of the desk and is now essentialy parts.  I moved to an old
Sony with SuSE 10 on a 1.2 Ghz P3.  The network connection is the same.

I'm trying to figure out what happened.  Does anyone any experience with
XP vs. Linux Skype?  I think my old laptop should be fast enough but its
the first time I've used it.  It's hard to characterize network changes
from one event till the next but it was the same time on the same day of
the week.

Thanks
Steve S.