Re: [tlug] Bittorrent Newbie

On 20/01/06, Robert C Balfour <rbalfour@example.com> wrote:

> Mark> I downloaded bittorrent via yum.
>
> remove that client. That is the "real" bittorrent client. a pain in the
> arse. Get this client http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
> Windoze and Linux version and believe it or not. It works the same in both.

Azureus is great, but the reason that it works the same in both is
that it is written in Java. Which means a *huge* footprint, in terms
of memory and CPU usage.

If you are cool with that, Azureus is a feature-rich and stable BT
client. But the Python stuff in the official BitTorrent package is far
nicer to your machine.

-Josh