Re: [tlug] skype alternatives

On 木, 2006-01-19 at 07:37 -0800, sjs@example.com wrote:
> What are the alternatives?

I use Broadvoice. I pay $25 a month for unlimited calling within the
United States and to 25 countries, including Japan. They provide the
network adapter, you provide the internet connection and a phone.

It works very well within the US, but for calls to Japan, there is a
very noticeable latency. It drives my wife crazy -- she's せっかち and
can't stand the 1 second or so wait, so we're probably going to cancel
the service soon. But you can't beat the price.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=-=- s-luppescu <AT> uchicago <DOT> edu
CCSR at U of C ,.;-*^*-;.,  www.consortium-chicago.org