Re: [tlug] mounting ntfs japanese partition (aka japanese windows & linux!)

Thank you kindly for your reply.

I have done quite a bit of research since I sent that post and here is
what I have come up with:

-o nls=utf8 should do the trick (seems to for everyone else!)
I have a partition with Japanese filenames from a Windows XP (american
copy). The filenames are mostly multibyte characters (but not always.)

When I use the utf8 option they show up but garbled. Most of the files
are "locked" and cannot be removed/ or accessed.

I have currently hooked up the drive and mounted it with the following:

mount -t ntfs -o nls=utf8

When I try a different nls (used to be iocharset) such as sjis or
euc-jp the files do not appear at all (mounting with ntfs will skip
unreadable filenames which is what I presume is happening.)

So I am kind of at a loss! Are these filenames not in unicode format
on my windows drive? Possible I suppose....

Any suggestions?
Sincerely,
David