[tlug] mounting ntfs japanese partition (aka japanese windows & linux!)

Please forgive me as I am writing this with baby in hand.

I am trying to mount a Windowd NTFS partition with numerous files with
Japanese filenames. (This is after trying to get it working over a
network, but thats another story!!)

At any rate, I mount it with -o nls=utf8 (although this has seemingly
no effect) and iocharset=utf8

All of the japanese filenames come out garbled, mostly with ?'s. They
are also "locked" (or so konqeror tells me!)

If i use another iocharset (cp932 or euc-jp) the files do not show up.
They just appear as if they do not exist (until i remount with
iocharset=utf8)

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck or suggestions on how to
access my Japanese files I would be greatful. My japanese windows
drive has not been kind to me whether it be a local mount or networked
via samba.

sincerely,
david