Re: [tlug] Linspire as a senior citizen's first PC -- conclusion

> On Tuesday 17 January 2006 03:53, Micheal E Cooper wrote:
>>
>> I really do hope that it will spark something in him, even if it is
>> humble. He is only 58.
>>
>> mec
> Hey -- come on!  I'm almost 60 and not ready to be a "senior citizen" yet.
> Give him credit for some flexability :)
> Steve S.

Cheers to you! I believe in flexibility.

I have a friend who is working on his PhD in neuro-linguistics at age 55
AND this is his 6th or 7th career. He started out as a rock band drummer,
then become a semi-pro viola player, then a principal ballet dancer of a
major group, then a drama group director, then a construction site manager
for the military, then a ski guide, and then an English teacher. I might
have missed a few. In addition to that, he is raising his second family
with a woman almost 20 years younger than he, resulting in his grandchild
being younger than his youngest daughter.

More power to you!

Please don't take offence at calling a 58-year-old a senior citizen. It is
his frame of mind I am referring to.

Dad's problem is not his age. It is his health, his wife, his finances,
and the fact that he lives in rural Mississippi. Pray for Mississippi, or
at least pray that you never have to live there.

Thank you TLUG for all the info and advice, and I look forward to the day
that I will be able to give back as much as I have received.