[tlug] Mailing list software suggestions solicited.

I'm moving my personal and family websites to a new virtual machine*
host which is fun since I  finally have root on a remote machine (I
know small things amuse me...) but the downside is I have only 256mb
of storage including new software I install.

I'm 'shoping' for the lightest possible mailing list set-up.  I can
manually add and remove users but I want to have a decent archive
system and... and well that's probably all. Later I'll want to take
what I learned at home and set-up some mailing lists at work,
including a announcement type list for about 3000-4000.

At this point I've looked into Mailman, Mojordomo, Ecartis and
Procmail/Smartlist. Ecartis looked like it might be quite bare-bones
and I've always been interested in procmail. I don't especially want
to use Mailman but it looks like the only one of the above that has a
very active community.

One last thing, the server is running Postfix is already set up and
appears to be running fine, though I'm prepared to learn a lot more
about how to manage it in the near future.

~a simpleton

*chrooted FreeBSD