Re: [tlug] Linspire... (OT question/request)

On 1/14/06, Micheal E Cooper <mcooper@example.com> wrote:
> >[LHS hand, was completely different. Coming face to face with how radically
> > I had changed was the shock - not finding changes in the city....
> > So - either on or off list, I hope you can report back on how it is
> > going back - whether you, or the places you visit end up being Rip Van
> > Winkle!
>
> Another friend of mine, from LiveJournal, was suggesting the same, and I
> myself was intending to keep of journal of my impressions. A friend of
> mine, having just married a woman from Delhi, went back to her country
> with her recently, and he made copious LiveJournal entries about it. I
> wrote letters after I first got here, but by now Japan has become the norm
> for me, and none of it seems exotic or noteworthy. It is home, and I feel
> at home here. So I was thinking that I should take notes of my impressions
> of my former home when I get there.

So you don't have a journal going at LiveJournal now (I just did a
search for you there and nothing came up)?  Are you planning to post
something there?  Or some other way?  The reentry phenomenon is vastly
most interesting than the initial impressions of foreign countries.
At this point, legions of people have written about initial culture
shock, etc., but there isn't so much about coming to grips with
withdrawal symptoms.  If Japan is just normal to you now, then the US
is likely to be very weird!  Kakugo ni shita ho ga ii desu yo!  I'm
hoping you'll write about it - and if you do I'm looking forward to
reading what you have to say.

Lyle