Re: [tlug] USB devices behaving randomly

On 1/14/06, Dave Gutteridge <dave@example.com> wrote:
>         I have been using Ubuntu for a number of months now. It has
> taken me some time to recognize the patterns well enough to say this
> with certainty, because the problems involve a number of devices
> behaving randomly.

I have the same problem with a USB card reader I use with SuSE -
generally unplugging it and plugging it back in gets the machine to
recognize it.

But as for random behavior on Ubuntu... I have been having some random
trouble with my test Ubuntu box that has nothing to do with USB... the
resolution is sometimes different, and then there's the erratic
problem I've had where upper and lower case characters are reversed!
But that might be tied in with the KVM switch.  Nevertheless, it's a
problem I've never had with SuSE running through the same KVM switch.

The on-going random problem I am having with SuSE (aside from the
flash card reader) is mouse support!  It works about 90% of the time
and the other 10% of the time a reboot (or two, or three...) brings
the dead mouse back to life.

Lyle