Re: [tlug] Linspire as a senior citizen's first computer... what do you think?

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:15:03 +0900 (JST), "Micheal E Cooper"
> <mcooper@example.com> wrote:
>
> What about Ubuntu?
>
> Would it be stable and easier to use than Debian?

My experience with Ubuntu is that it is solid, but sometimes
has some rough edges. Debian is stable to a fault, unless of course
you are running 'unstable'. I have always had trouble getting Debian to
install on up-to-date hardware, as the installer kernel is always out
of date. Ubuntu has a good balance of regular releases and stability.

Jake