Re: [tlug] EtherCard problem?

Hi Shigeo,

On 2006/01/11, at 11:09, Shigeo Honda wrote:

> Jan 10 01:12:53 xxxx kernel: eth0: increased tx threshold, txcfg
> 0xd0f0101a.
> Jan 10 03:49:18 xxxx kernel: eth0: increased tx threshold, txcfg
> 0xd0f0101c.
> Jan 10 04:34:23 xxxx kernel: eth0: increased tx threshold, txcfg
> 0xd0f0101e.

I had a bit of a look on google, do you have an old mother board?

You should check out the Ethernet Howto Chapter 8 [1], it gives a
better explanation than I can, but it says your ethernet card has a
small buffer that buffers data before sending it. If your PC's PCI
bus gets busy and the buffer is not filled up within what I think is
a certain time. Then driver with respond by changing this. So, its
not necessarily an issue, just might be that your PC is doing a lot
of work with another device on the PCI bus.

Hope that helps,
Brent.

[1] http://howtos.linux.com/howtos/Ethernet-HOWTO-8.shtml