Re: [tlug] Geeks listen: There's exciting job opportunities atExoweb in Beijing, China

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 22:09:51 +0900, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> Tragically, this sort of thing is not yet mentioned explicitly in the
> List Policy document (but it is now on my list of things to do),

Don't think for a minute that people will take any notice of that. Those
who want to blast this kind of spam out will do so regardless of any
explicit notice in the List Policy (what *is* that anyway?[1])

Scott and I own/run several mailing lists on Yahpoo! The two most active
have explicit "headhunters will be treated like spammers" notices and yet
we still get loads (admittedly fewer than before) of exciting new IT job
opportunities in Pune, Mumbai etc. posted.

At least new members are moderated so the crud doesn't get through, and the
explicit notices on the groups' homepages mean that we can flatten the
spammers' nads without any compunction :)

[1] - Just putting myself in the shoes of a spammer (ewwwww!)

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

Always the dullness of the fool is the whetstone of the wits.
        -- William Shakespeare, "As You Like It"