Re: [tlug] zaurus: wi-fi and keyboard

Marcus Metzler wrote:
> There was something about WPA support in the driver, but I haven't
> gotten it to work. The only WPA that works for me is on my Siemens
> TC4000 using SuSE 10.0 with an Intel Chipset. I haven't gotten it to
> work with debian on my old Fujitsu Biblo Loox T93C where I replaced
> the Mini-PCI b card with an Intel g card. It also does not work with
> my PSP or my nokia 770. So I don't know what the problem with WPA is
> and can only say that the linksys card doesn't work for me with WPA.

OK, I was mostly interested in whether it was a software problem or an
inherent hardware problem.  Reading from the [1]wpa_supplicant page it
suggested that WPA should generally be possible.

     Wi-Fi Alliance <http://www.wi-fi.org/> used a draft version of the
    IEEE 802.11i work (draft 3.0) to define a subset of the security
    enhancements that can be implemented with existing wlan hardware.
    This is called Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).

Edward

1. http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/