Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Mozilla printing. No joy. Isn't there somegood Mozilla doc about printing?

    David> I am Debian/Sarge/KDE/CUPS/Samsung SCX-4100 MFP (a GDI
    David> printer with Samsung drivers)

Gag me.  (There should be drivers in the gimpprint and ghostscript
distros.  If there are not, then either the printer is really new or
the mfr Doesn't Get It.)

    David> 1. I have no postscript options for this printer in CUPS
    David> 631-- the Samsung is not postscript.

CUPS should be driving Postscript through a third party app such as
Ghostscript or gimpprint.

The point is that it should be possible to specify Postscript options
for a preprocessor such as Ghostscript.

    David> Thanks for all the help. It really does not seem to be
    David> feasible. Alas, that other operating system just prints
    David> everything with Mozilla.

That's because it only has one driver that is visible from
applications, the Windows printer.  I'm pretty sure TO/OS handles
Postscript and PDF with a Postscript-to-winprinter driver (probably
from Adobe).

    David> Isn't there some good Mozilla doc about printing?

Heh.  Mozilla is perfectly user-friendly, and needs no docs.  If
you're having problems, check your karma.<wink>