Re: [tlug] running an X program from a daemon script

On Dec.29 13h57, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote :
> The daemon is not running as you (or it would just work).

In fact I was running that command (ssh-askpass) as me, but it still
didn't work for whatever reason ^^.

> Alternatively, man xauth, and export the perms
> to a file the daemon (and only the daemon) can read.

Thanks for the info. I have removed ~/.Xauthority and created it again
using 'xauth extract ~/.Xauthority :0' and set up again correctly the
environmental variable XAUTHORITY. So now I don't need to explicitely
specify XAUTHORITY=... when running the command as me, but I still need
GTK_IM_MODULE=uim

Evan