Re: [tlug] Out of a Cloudy Sky

    Lyle> Anyway - since we're publishing this, we might as well make
    Lyle> it useful for anyone interested in the topic, even if the
    Lyle> original poster doesn't absolutely need the information.
    Lyle> Best to know the parameters of whatever, wouldn't you agree?

Sure.  My point was simply that security, like many other aspects of
systems administration, is not a question of the value of parameters.
It is about the _mapping_ from parameter values to policy values.
Different parameters, different policies.

Thus, it's a bad idea to say "you should do X".  It's a better idea to
say, "In this case, you should do X."  And the best is to say
"Parameter Y has value Z.  In such cases, X is best (or reasonable or
untenable or whatever)."