Re: [tlug] Buying a Palm from the US

Jim, Josh, Bruce, Stephen,
	Thank you for the advice.
	My understanding, which may be flawed, is that while it's possible to
get some electronics shipped over, Palms are not one of them. The reason
seems to be that for a while there were locally made Japanese Palm
devices, like the Clie and Palm's own Japanese models. Those have been
discontinued, but the regulation has not changed.
	However, this understanding of mine is culled together from a variety
of places, and may be flawed.
	The main thing is that I have not tried Amazon because they are about
50 US$ more expensive than some other online retailers for the model of
Palm I am considering.
	Perhaps I will have to absorb that 50$ dollars as part of the price of
getting something shipped here.

--
Dave M G