Re: [tlug] Buying a Palm from the US

On Dec 22, 2005, at 10:25 AM, Josh Glover wrote:

> On 21/12/05, Dave Gutteridge <dave@example.com> wrote:
>
>>         So far as I can tell, it's not possible to get a place to ship
>> electronics directly to Japan.
>
> Amazon.com will.
>
> --Josh "blatant company man" Glover

Huh?  I've had electronics shipped to me in Japan since '96.  I've had
problems on occasion, but nothing systematic... the biggest issue I've
had is if the product in question had a local redistributor in Japan,
the American or European distributor might be unwilling to cut into the
Japanese redistributors business.

In fact, I just received my backup soekris4801 CPU from the states no
problem at all.

								Bruce