Re: [tlug] More on IM [signed]

On 18/12/05, Robert C Balfour [c] <rbalfour@example.com> wrote:

> sjs wrote:
>
> > I think I got everything working for Gaim, kanji input, etc, then found
> > that Yahoo seems to have a different protocal (not sure) for Japan
> > than for the U.S. Does "ymsgrj" ring any bells?
>
> Same protocol as the U.S., But japan uses a different server.
> Sent you an email with a possible fix.

[Note to list: the top-posting / trimming has been addressed. No need
to bring it up.]

Robert,

Please send suggestions for fixing questions raised on-list to the
list, not privately, unless you have a (usually security-motivated)
reason for not doing so.

Replies like yours can be a bit frustrating to others following the
thread, hoping for a solution, because what if Steve writes back,
"That fixed it! ありがとうございます!"? Now people with the same problem have to
post to the list: "*What* fixed it, please? I also want to use GAIM
with my yahoo.co.jp account!"

Please don't take offence; I am just trying to explain why it is
better to keep everything on-list.

Cheers,
Josh