Re: [tlug] Linux and Japanese Input [signed]

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 02:06:55AM +0900, Robert C Balfour [c] wrote:
> Just wondering what ppl are using for Japanese Input.
>
> I am currently using kinput2 and Freewnn.
>
> tried WINN8 and ATOK but no good on my Distro.
>
> system: IBM T42 / ubuntu 5.10

Many people have switched over to scim and scim-anthy.

See http://www.scottro.net/jpninpt.html for some links to Ubuntu info on
using it.

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Spike (watching, from a distance, a conversation between
Angel and a woman he just rescued):How can I thank you, you
mysterious black-clad-hunk-of-a-knight-thing?
No need little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me. You
see, I was once a bad-ass vampire. But love, and a pesky curse,
defanged me. And now, I'm just a *big* fluffy puppy with bad teeth.
No! Not the hair! Never the hair.
But there must be some way I can show my appreciation.
No, helping those in need's my job. And working up a load of sexual
tension and prancing away like a magnificent poof is truly thanks
enough.
I understand. I have a nephew who's gay, so...
Say no more. Evil's still afoot. And I'm almost out of that Nancy-boy
hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angel-mobile! Away!