Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

On 16/12/05, Brett Robson <b-robson@example.com> wrote:

> We might be talkiing cross purposes here, but what you are talking about
> is a bit different to being able to google TLUG.

It's possible, yes.

All I'm trying to do is debunk the myth that the list archives aren't
already public. They are.

Now, they are *not* yet indexed by search engines because of the pwd
protection. Claiming that they *shouldn't* be indexed because they're
not public is something that I'm having difficulty comprehending
because they *are* public.

If the username and password were not openly displayed on the tlug.jp
site and if each member who wanted to view them had to be a TLUG
member with their own private credentials, then and only then could it
be argued that the archives are private and not to be indexed.

Or do I need to take my logic circuits in for an overhaul?

--
G. Stewart.
godwin.stewart@example.com