Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

On 16/12/05, Michal Hajek <hajek1@example.com> wrote:

> Discussion about TLUG archives started (AFAIK) because time to time some
> newcomer is confused and unable to find what username and password
> should he use to get to the archives. Is that right?

That may have been the catalyst for the discussion, but I (and others)
think that there is real value in having our archives Google-able.

> In such a case, I think it would be much easier to simply put login and
> passwd information in more readily visible place on the TLUG web page.
> Than most people will notice and newcomers will not be confused.  Right
> now, when I visit TLUG web, the archives link is too high to be
> displayed at the same "screen" as the login/passwd info [1].  Is this by
> intention? Or this info simply put at the end as a consequence of some
> (semirandom) historical events?

This is a separate issue, and is on my laundry list of things to fix
now that we are back on Hikari.

It is a historical accident, and will be fixed.

Cheers,
Josh