Re: [tlug] linux/macos friendly printer/scanner

On 10/12/05, bruno raoult <bruno@example.com> wrote:

> I am looking for a replacement for my 5 years old printer, and I
> obviously face the usual linux compatibility issue. And as I also wish
> to buy a printer/scanner model, it even becomes more difficult.

Sorry for being so late in replying to this, Bruno. Are you in Japan,
or Europe. If Japan, perhaps these threads will be of help:

http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0511/msg00278.html
http://tlug.jp/ML/0505/msg00173.html
http://tlug.jp/ML/0505/msg00172.html

and so on. I know the Mhonarc (the software that "powers" our
archives) search is terrible, but one can simply start browsing the
year, using your browser's search function (or, better yet, highlight
function![1]). It works pretty well for a question like yours, where
you would expect the word "printer" to appear in the subject line of
the post that started the thread.

Also, you know about:

http://linuxprinting.org/suggested.html

right?