Re: [tlug] slow mailing list posts

On Dec 11, 2005, at 10:37, Jim wrote:

Lyle wrote:

25 minutes and counting - my 10:00 a.m. message still has not come back....

Well of course it went through eventually. Gray mail filters?

That could be one of the causes. The TLUG server is currently doing graylisting (and Lyle's mail comes from at least 10 different servers which has the affect of delaying acceptance of the first message from each).

I received my TLUG copy of my 20:37:45 post after
I received my TLUG copy of my 20:44:59 post.

The way TLUG's MX records are set also fights graylisting if you are unfortunate enough for your message get picked up by one of the secondary MXes instead of delivered directly.

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/