Re: [tlug] Clunk, Clunk, the Drive is Dead

Sorry I didn't mention that. Freezing the drive like that is actually bad
for it so it's not good to use it on a drive that you want to continue
using (say one with a bad write or other non-hardware problem). The drive
I used it on was heating up until it was too hot to touch. By freezing it
I was able to extend the time until it supperheated considerably and I was
able to use this time to backup the info off the drive.