Re: [tlug] Heading to Akihabara

On Nov 28, 2005, at 15:10, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:

give me an idea though - I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a
page at the TLUG site that focused on hardware and specific shops where
specific items of interest have been found, including a map or two.  I
would post my map on my own site, but as it's a screen capture of a
commercial map, I probably shouldn't.

For a long time Tokyo PC Users Group posters used the Akiba PC Hotline! map.
  <http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/map/>

It has easily referenced grid co-ordinates, and even photos/ descriptions/phone numbers of some shops. (Unfortunately the photos don't seem to be updated/added as frequently as a few years ago.)

For example, the one Otto used store that has been discussed is at D_1 b6
  <http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/map/d_1.html>  b6
An affiliated branch that I like because it has bigger server-type toys is PC-SERVER1 at
  <http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/akiba/map/f_1.html>  a5

--
Jim Tittsler  7J1AJH/AI8A                            GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/