Re: [tlug] Japanese Encoding - which one?

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:32:38 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

<sniped>

Stephen, while I agree with many of your points, in criticising me and
what I've written you are letting your evangelical zeal get the better
of you. We can argue about the semantics of "should" and "breach" in
relation to standards but it's moot as I qualified this, a point you
have continually ignored in your rush to lecture me.

I certainly don't need a lecture from you what my job is. My job is to
help provide communication for Japan not 国際化. As for being part of
the "problem", telling others to upgrade their MUA is an arrogance
people outside academia can't afford. Advancing the state of the art is
the job of academics and industry bodies; my job is ensuring that anyone
we communicate with (not just customers) can read what is written and
not get a string of 文字化け.

BTW I have actually helped Lyle and several others here.

Brett (pretend there is a heavy metal umlaut on the e)

--
Brett Robson
Systems Administrator